Hand-Held Dynamometry (HHD) has been around for many decades and an abundance of literature has been published on the subject. Despite this, its utilization in daily clinical practice is low.
- Some providers belief the use is limited to specific populations, such as individuals with sport related injuries. We hope to make the case that the use of HHD is recommended for all clients regardless of age and medical diagnosis.
- Many postures, positions, instrument techniques have been advocated in the literature, and clinicians might not be sure which measurements to take. We hope that at the end of this course we have shed some light on this issue and have provided you with a framework to select to appropriate tests and techniques.
- Reliability is a valid concern. Any objective measurement that does not have the necessary reliability has limited use. Again, we hope that at the end of this course you will have the information to take highly reliable measurements. There are many variables, including the client himself, which influence the reliability of the measurement. We will guide you through each measurement, step by step, in order to achieve the highest reliability.
- Lastly, many providers are not sure what to do with the data once they have it. Data is only useful when it contributes to improved clinical decision making in regards to assessment of clinical status, selection of treatment interventions, and progression.
Upcoming Course - 2 day live - 16 CEU
(Includes full colored hardcover hand-held dynamometry book and 3 additional CEU online)
- Hand held dynamometry in daily clinical practice
- Utilization, reliability, validity
- Screening for grip and knee extension strength
- Movement-bias tests
- Core upper and lower quadrant strength profiles
- Strength profiles as a clinical outcome
- Strength curves
- Strength ratios
- Clinical reference data
- Break-eccentric technique
- Functional strength ratios
- Sport specific strength profiles
- Strength profile analysis to facilitate clinical decision making for TE selection
Check your inbox to confirm your subscription